Tuesday, November 13, 2012

doTERRA Review: Oregano for a Swollen Gland

I have a new oil experience to share!  Seeing that cold and flu season is upon many, I hope this review helps someone out.  

About two weeks ago, I woke up with a swollen gland in my right throat.  Since I teach about oils, I thought it might be a great opportunity to practice what I preach.  I didn't want to be lazy and let whatever was making my gland swollen overtake me – which is what I used to have a tendency to do when I'd get sick.  For some reason I can tell everyone else what to do when they get sick, but when I start to feel it, I prefer to have someone else take care of me!

Well no one was going to take care of me on this one, and I could not and still cannot afford to get sick!  I can't miss school, so taking a day off because I want to cuddle in my comforter and be babied is absolutely not even a thought of an option.  

So I thought, "What do I take, since I clearly have something in my gland?"  OnGuard is typically what I'd take if I felt something coming on, but since the gland was already swollen, I knew it'd already taken hold.  Time to kick it out with Oregano!  



Oregano's a testy kind of oil.  It's SUPER strong, and when used incorrectly can actually cause harm, such as burns or blisters.  I felt applying it diluted and topically might not be enough though, and didn't have time to experiment with how many diluted drops to put on my feet.  I certainly was NOT going to dare put it directly into my mouth.   

Using one of my super small capsules, I carefully dropped one drop in there.  I didn't want any more than one, because I didn't know how my body would handle the oil, undiluted.  Being sure that I had plenty of food in my stomach, I took the pill, and waited to see what happened.  

I was happy to say that by lunchtime at school (about 2 hours later), when I thought to consider if it had worked or not, I swallowed.  Nothing.  No swollen gland.  Hooray!

The next day, I woke up, and there was the swollen gland again.  This time, I put 2 drops in a capsule, and then at lunchtime, I did the same, only I think I went daring and added 3 drops to it.  I'm even more happy to say, it blasted it away.  

For an honest review, I will share some concerns.  I didn't ensure I ate a ton on day 2, so I did notice that for a few days afterward, I did experience some stomach upset when I ate.  It seems clear that I didn't have enough food in there when I took the second day's pills, so it's likely that the oregano caused some issues with my stomach lining.  

Oregano's also good for getting rid of candida (yeast) in the gut, so I trust that my candida is now history.  Due to the mild stomach upset and the evacuation of some of that candida, I noticed that for several days, my appetite was indeed suppressed.  I didn't feel like eating, and when I fasted a few days later for personal reasons, I didn't have as difficult of a time as I sometimes do missing a few meals. 

Lastly, in regards to whatever bacteria or virus I had, I noticed a few days later that I still had a bit of voice hoarseness.  It seems odd to me, that the swollen glands were eradicated, and I didn't get knocked off my feet for days at a time, but the voice got scratchy as if those other symptoms had applied.  Weird.  But I diffused some Breathe and that did the trick to help that.  I'll save that for another post.   

Overall, I give this solution 5 Mint Oreos.  It worked, and fast.  When used with care, it is a quick, inexpensive, and safe solution.  Highly recommend!  And as always, I personally only trust doTERRA's Oregano to be used internally.  Use other brands according to manufacturer's instructions.  If you'd like to work with me on my doTERRA team, please drop me an email or check out my nerdy doT website. :)  I can help you get it for cheaper than retail. :)  



Disclaimer: these are 100% my personal, layman's opinions, and are not to be taken as medical advice.  I have not been paid for this review.  Use products referenced at your own risk, and seek professional care when appropriate.     

Has this review helped you in any way?  Have you tried Oregano?  What are your thoughts? 

2 comments:

  1. This is a good article, but I had to copy and paste it onto another background so I could read it. You might want to change the bamboo background or maybe make your font black so we can learn from you! Thanks for your time and wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! I just went back and this time the page loaded with the white background. Before it was just bamboo. Weird. Disregard the last post from me!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are as delicious as cookies in my book! (And I LOVE cookies.:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

JenHeadJen Visitors of el Mundo!

Google+ Friends